OASME is an apex Association of Industries recognized by the Government of Odisha, championing the cause of Micro, Small, Medium, Handicraft and Cottage sector industries of the State. Being a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO), it has been protecting the mutual interest of the above sectors of industries. This Association has achieved outstanding success by creating profound impact on various polices, strategies and procedures put on the anvil by the Central as well as State Government for promotion of the above sectors.
This Assembly is headed by a Chairman, an Executive Chairman, 4 Vice Chairman for 4 Zones, a Secretary General assisted by an Additional Secretary General, Joint Secretary General, 4 Secretaries and 4 Joint Secretaries. Besides, a Central Executive Committee comprising of fifteen elected members. The Directorate of MSME Development Institute, Govt. of India, Directorate of Industries, Odisha, representives from OSIC Ltd. and EP & M, Odisha are also representing the CEC as Honorary Members. This Association is having it Offices in almost all District of Odisha such as Angul, Bolangir, Bargarh, Bhadrak, Balasore, Cuttack, Dhenkanal, Ganjam, Jagatsinghpur, Jharsuguda, Jajpur, Khurdha, Keonjhar, Koraput, Kalahandi, Kandhamal, Mayurbhanja, Nayagarh, Nabarangpur, Puri, Rayagada, Rourkela, Sambalpur, Sundargarh, excluding affiliated members. This Association is getting annual grant from the State Govt. and also special grant for organizing important programmes.
- Odisha Industrial Infrastructure Development Corporation (IDCO)
- Odisha Small Industries Corporation Ltd. (OSIC)
- Micro & Small Enterprises Facilitation Council (MSEFC)
- Regional Advisory Committee of Central Excise Customs & Services Tax, Govt. of India
- GST Trade Consultative Committee of GST & CX, Cuttack
- Advisory Committee of MSME-DI, Govt. of India
- Empowered Committee on MSME FINANCE of Reserve Bank of India
- Industrial Facilitation Cell (IFC) of Govt. of Odisha
- District Level Facilitation Cell (DLFC)
- Task Force Committee Export Promotion & Marketing, Odisha
- Sales Tax Advisory Committee
- State Level Selection Committee for State Export Award
- State Level Inter Institutional Committee (SLIIC)
- Odisha Quality Testing Centre
- Co-ordination Committee of Association of Industries Odisha
Member PLACs of :
- National Aluminium Company Ltd.
- Mahanadi Coalfields Ltd.
- Rourkela Steel Plant
- Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd.
- IREL (India) Limited
- National Thermal Power Corporation Ltd.
- Indian Oil Corporation Ltd.
Since its inception this Association has been organizing State and National Level Seminars, Symposiums, Workshops, Vendor Development and Ancillary Promotion Programmes, Group Discussion, Open house discussion, Industrial Exhibition, Industrial Awareness Programme for development of MSME industries. OASME sponsors delegation to different National and International Trade fairs and also sponsors delegations to attend International Conferences and meeting held abroad.
In the changed economic scenario, OASME now in the process of forming two SVPs for clusters of WOOD Based Industries and Stainless-Steel Industries, and another SVP for consortium marketing of MSME products.
OASME distributes outstanding achievement Awards to the successful entrepreneurs as well as Govt. officials for their outstanding contribution toward development of Industries.
The Governor of the State, Minister from the Govt. of India, Chief Minister and other Ministers of the State, Chairmen of National Level Corporations, Financial Institutions and many distinguished guests and faculties used to attend the OASME’s function.
OASME guides the entrepreneurs, provide free consultancy service and helps for establishment of industries in the State. It published the profiles, journals, souvenirs to disseminate information amongst the entrepreneurs. Besides these, it takes up individual and sectoral problems through its various Committees and Councils such as OASME Committee on;
- Foundry & Engineering Industries
- Electrical & Electronics Industries
- Mineral based Cement, Ceramic & Refractory Industries
- Agriculture implement based Industries
- Food Processing Industries
- Plastic & Polymer Industries
- Export Promotion and Marketing Matters
- Education and Institutions
- Wood based Industries
- Pharmaceutical Industries
- Packaging Industries
- Apparel Industries
- OASME International Trade Promotion Council
- OASME Ancillary Promotion Council
- Information Technology Promotion Council
- OASME Human Resources Council
OASME has never neglected the rights of Women entrepreneurs. It is the first Association in Odisha to promote Women Entrepreneurs. For First time in Odisha, it has formed a Women Wing headed by a Chairperson at the apex level and Presidents at the District Level. Problems of Women entrepreneurs are being taken up at appropriate level in the right spirit.
OASME has a Common Facility Centre of its own along with an informative library with books and journal connecting to Central Excise, Labour, Income Tax, Industrial Policy of different States etc.